Book Title: Core Curriculum for Pediatric Critical Care Nursing, 2e (Slota, Core Curriculum for Pediatric Critical Care Nursing)
Author: American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Nursing Care of the Critically Ill Child, 3e (Hazinski, Nursing Care of the Critically Ill Child)
- Pediatric CCRN Certification Review (Brorsen, Pediatric CCRN Certification Review)
- Illustrated Field Guide to Congenital Heart Disease and Repair - Pocket Sized
- Manual of Pediatric Critical Care, 1e (Hazinski, Manual Pediatric Critical Care)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider Manual
- Pediatric Vital Signs & Developmental Milestones Horizontal Badge ID Card Pocket Reference Guide
- Sharpie Mini Permanent Markers, Fine Point, Assorted Colors, 4 Count
- Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing, 10e
- Pediatric Nursing (Quickstudy: Academic)
- AACN Procedure Manual for Pediatric Acute and Critical Care, 1e (Verger, AACN Procedure Manual for Pediatric Acute and Critical Care)
From the experts at the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), comes the definitive resource on administering quality nursing care to critically ill pediatric patients. The 2nd edition has been updated to reflect the current state of pediatric critical care nursing practice and explores the anatomic, physiologic, and cognitive/psychosocial changes that occur across the lifespan of a child and identifies the ways in which these changes are affected by specific health problems. Using a systems-based approach for quick and easy reference, this authoritative resource covers developmental anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology and defining characteristics of common pediatric disorders, clinical assessment, relevant pharmacology, monitoring and diagnostic testing, and therapeutic procedures. Disease coverage includes essential pathophysiology, etiology and risk factors, signs and symptoms, nursing and collaborative management, and complications. Also serves as an effective study guide for the pediatric CCRN certification examination.
- This is the only certification review resource for pediatric critical care.
- Endorsed by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), the largest nursing specialty association in the world.
- Case studies provide further review of selected patient problems.
- Provides thorough coverage of multisystem problems, such as multiple trauma, toxicology, septic shock, and burns.
- Disease discussions include essential pathophysiology, etiology and risk factors, signs and symptoms, nursing and collaborative management, and complications.
- Content is divided by body systems for quick reference and investigates developmental anatomy and physiology, clinical assessment, pharmacology, diagnostic tests, and therapeutic procedures.
- Includes information on the evolution of the AACN's synergy model.
- A new section on Bioterrorism and other terror threats.
- A new section on Stabilization of the Critically Ill Neonate and Child for Transport.
- A new section on infectious diseases and appropriate antibiotic treatment provides content on resistant infections such as MRSA and VRE, as well as their potential for sepsis and prevalence in the PICU.
- A new section on monitoring equipment and principles includes information on proper setup and use of monitoring equipment, and limitations of equipment.
- Incorporates the latest pediatric drug information.
- Covers conscious/deep IV sedation in the PICU.
- Includes HIPPA regulations for bedside nursing care.
- Updated case studies in the Appendix section feature accompanying questions and answers for review.